[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45096: Dashboard accessibility: Landmarks don't always have a unique role or role/label combination

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 28 11:44:32 UTC 2018

#45096: Dashboard accessibility: Landmarks don't always have a unique role or
role/label combination
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  vrimill                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 @vrimill thanks for your report. The WordPress admin interface uses some
 landmarks and, to my knowledge, the ones with the same role use an aria-
 label that disambiguate them.

 When you have a chance, please provide some more details, for example the
 WordPress page where you've noticed this issue?

 From the HTML snippet you've posted above, especially the part
 "admin.php?page=gadwp_settings", I have the impression it's a page added
 by some plugin (I guess it's the Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by
 ExactMetrics (formerly GADWP) plugin). If that's the case, I'm afraid
 WordPress is not responsible for the markup produced by a plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45096#comment:4>