[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45103: Automatically load JavaScript translations when scripts are enqueued if these exist.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 26 16:04:50 UTC 2018

#45103: Automatically load JavaScript translations when scripts are enqueued if
these exist.
------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  herregroen                    |       Owner:  herregroen
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by vslavik):

 > Should we perhaps reach out to l10n software vendors like Poedit to see
 if they would support JSON files in the future? Makes developers' lives
 easier.

 Poedit author here. Just recently, Poedit gained ability to support
 multiple formats, starting with XLIFF, and adding more formats is
 relatively easier now. I'd ''love'' to support Jed JSON files, including
 specific WordPress support -- it's just not always clear for a relative
 outsider like to me to know what the pain points are (besides basic Jed
 support, obviously), and I could use some guidance. I'm happy to discuss
 your needs (my email is vaclav at slavik.io, or Poedit's support
 channels).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45103#comment:27>