[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45103: Automatically load JavaScript translations when scripts are enqueued if these exist.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 25 10:03:13 UTC 2018

#45103: Automatically load JavaScript translations when scripts are enqueued if
these exist.
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  herregroen   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by herregroen):

 Updated the patch to unify `.min.js` and `.js` translations as core now
 contains both minified and unminified files of translations. #Meta3876 has
 also been updated to reflect this change.

 Current plan is to move to committing this to the 5.0 branch so we have
 these functions ready for the next beta.

 Ideally we'd also have meta in a state by the time beta2 ships where the
 necessary translations can be downloaded. Alternatively we could look into
 shipping the json translation files with beta2 so that this can still be
 tested.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45103#comment:22>