[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45098: Introduce WP_REST_Block_Renderer_Controller and WP_REST_Blocks_Controller classes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 24 01:31:30 UTC 2018

#45098: Introduce WP_REST_Block_Renderer_Controller and WP_REST_Blocks_Controller
classes
------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber                     |       Owner:  desrosj
     Type:  task (blessed)                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 >  I'm inclined to leave the behaviour as is, if a CPT chooses to allow
 reusable blocks, they need to take that into account in how they map caps
 to roles.

 Is there a reason to avoid adding the new `*_blocks` caps via an upgrade
 routine in core?

 Given WP allows custom roles, I think mapping the caps to a particular
 post type causes an unnecessary break to back-compat and is therefore
 doing it wrong.

 The more I think about this, I'm more convinced that the plugin was doing
 it correctly. The meta caps can continue to use `edit_post`, etc as that's
 the standard behaivour for attachments and other CPTs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45098#comment:23>