[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44851: Offer LTS (Long Term Support) version of WordPress 4.9.x when 5.0 (Gutenberg) rolls out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 13 01:20:45 UTC 2018

#44851: Offer LTS (Long Term Support) version of WordPress 4.9.x when 5.0
(Gutenberg) rolls out
-----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  mor10            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by pento):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  trunk =>
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  5.0 =>

Comment:

 At the moment, there's no intention to make WordPress 4.9 an "LTS" branch.
 The Classic Editor plugin is the way for folks to continue using the
 classic editor after upgrading to WordPress 5.0.

 The WordPress 4.9 branch will continue to receive security updates as long
 as we're able, historically we've been able to backport security updates
 back to 3.7. The official policy is unchanged, however: security updates
 are only ''guaranteed'' on the latest major release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44851#comment:12>