[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45250: Block editor scripts should be enqueued in an action hooked to `admin_enqueue_scripts` as done in Gutenberg

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 23 08:09:43 UTC 2018

#45250: Block editor scripts should be enqueued in an action hooked to
`admin_enqueue_scripts` as done in Gutenberg
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  Chouby        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by pento):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  5.0 =>

Comment:

 Thank you for the feedback, @Chouby.

 I'm going to leave the behaviour as is, there are a myriad of ways that
 meta boxes have been registered over the years, and it's not really
 possible to replicate all of these in the block editor. The block editor's
 meta box support is provide to help transition to the new interface, but
 will ultimately need to be phased out.

 I would recommend sticking with your workaround for now, but ultimately
 looking at how to integrate with the new APIs provided by the block
 editor.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45250#comment:10>