[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45290: The equivalent of `gutenberg_wpautop` from Gutenberg plugin is missing in the 5.0 beta

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 9 08:28:44 UTC 2018

#45290: The equivalent of `gutenberg_wpautop` from Gutenberg plugin is missing in
the 5.0 beta
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  nerrad                                  |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  closed
Changes (by pento):

 * owner:  (none) => pento
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"43879" 43879]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="43879"
 Formatting: Ensure `wpautop()` isn't run on content generated from blocks.

 As `do_blocks()` is run before `wpautop()` in `the_content` filter, we can
 remove in a Just In Time fashion, before that filter is run.

 After `wpautop()`s original priority has passed, we can re-add it in a
 Just Too Late fashion, to ensure it's available if `the_content` filter is
 run multiple times on a page load.

 Props pento, nerrad.
 Fixes #45290.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45290#comment:18>