[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44202: Link to "Privacy Policy" automatically added to footer of any Twenty XXX theme (was: Link to "Privacy Policy" automagically added to footer of any Twenty XXX theme)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 23 13:06:46 UTC 2018

#44202: Link to "Privacy Policy" automatically added to footer of any Twenty XXX
theme
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ov3rfly                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by subrataemfluence):

 * keywords:  gdpr => gdpr has-patch dev-feedback
 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement
 * component:  Bundled Theme => Privacy

Comment:

 I have proposed two patches to rectify automatic appearance of Privacy
 Policy link.

 The function `get_the_privacy_policy_link()` in `wp-includes/link-
 template.php` will now check if the option
 `wp_privacy_policy_footer_link_visibility` has a value `1` in `wp_options`
 table. If yes, the link will appear.

 However, since this behavior of displaying Privacy Policy does not block
 any core functional flow I have changed the type from `Defect` to
 `Enhancement`.

 Also, hence newly implemented function `get_the_privacy_policy_link()` is
 directly related to `Privacy` and could be used in any theme, I have
 changed the component from `Bundled Theme` to `Privacy`. Please correct me
 if I am not right.

 Please let me know if those work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44202#comment:2>