[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42362: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wp_mywordpresssite' in 'field list'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 22 06:31:54 UTC 2018

#42362: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wp_mywordpresssite' in 'field
list'
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  lazam786      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by codewhy):

 @desrosj  Can you please advise if there is any recommended workaround for
 this problem (I just noticed a fix has been pushed back further from 4.9.7
 to v4.9.8)?  I've lost a couple of days systematically trying to fix this
 issue, finding it mentioned in various forms, scattered across the web.  I
 eventually decided to log it as a bug and came across this ticket when
 searching on the PHP error.

 My situation is very similar to @Velochicdunord - I have Mac OSX 10.11.6,
 MAMP 4.4.1 (PHP 7.2.1) and Wordpress 4.9.5.  After clicking the Install
 Wordpress button, the same PHP error is logged and the browser is left
 hanging waiting for a response.

 The main difference for me is that if I then navigate to the wordpress
 local hosting URL, the the basic website appears and I can log in to the
 Wordpress editor.  So the database tables are also created - BUT I have no
 way of knowing if the installation has completed successfully - and if it
 hasn't, then what issues this will cause downstream if I continue
 regardless.

 This has stopped me in my tracks in trying to setup a local dev instance
 of Wordpress.  Would really appreciate any advice in how I can workaround
 it (other than setting up a virtual private server in the cloud), or how I
 can determine if the local installation has in fact completed successfully
 and won't cause problems later.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42362#comment:15>