[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44108: wp-admin/load-styles.php returns 200 status code and empty response if required GET parameter is missing or invalid

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 16 11:21:46 UTC 2018

#44108: wp-admin/load-styles.php returns 200 status code and empty response if
required GET parameter is missing or invalid
 Reporter:  compilenix   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  trivial      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 It happend to me that a nginx reverse proxy did cut off all query
 parameters.
 This resulted in no CSS and JS for the WP backend / login.

 Because the request was manipulated by a (reverse-) proxy i wasn't able to
 see that the request passed to wordpress was indeed "invalid", beacuse the
 load[] parameter is required to do something meaningful.

 I want to add a small patch which checks if the load[] parameter is set
 and is formally valid.
 In the case where the load[] parameter isn't valid there should be an
 appropiate indicator that there is something wrong.
 With this I'm aiming to make it easier, for a developer or system
 administrator, to find this kind of "error".