[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44102: GDPR - Removing an Erasure request and then submitting another results in 'The link you followed has expired'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 15 23:06:42 UTC 2018

#44102: GDPR - Removing an Erasure request and then submitting another results in
'The link you followed has expired'
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 When doing some Erasure Requests I ended up on an almost empty page
 stating 'The link you followed has expired'. (screenshot to be attached)

 To reproduce this;
  1. Create an Erasure Request
  2. Have the user confirm the request.
  3. Complete the Erasure Request.
  4. Reload to get the Next Steps of 'Remove'
  5. 'Remove' the request (don't reload the page)
  6. Submit a new Removal Request
 You'll find you're then on the page showing 'The link you followed has
 expired'
 But navigating back to the Erasure page you'll find your request is
 Pending so it went through even though you're presented with the error.

 I believe this is simply because the URL still contains the nonce;
 http://wpbeta.eclipsedev.tk/wp-
 admin/tools.php?page=remove_personal_data&action=delete&request_id%5B0%5D=22&_wpnonce=abeca1033c

 So maybe it's just a matter or updating the URL when the page reloads on
 'Remove' action.

 Hope that makes sense,
 Cheers