[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44066: Please, include a tool to test personal data without sending a mail to a user in 4.9.6

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 13 21:17:04 UTC 2018

#44066: Please, include a tool to test personal data without sending a mail to a
user in 4.9.6
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  iprg             |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:
 Severity:  major            |   Keywords:  needs-design
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello, just testing RC1 and the GDPR tools...

 Yes, it looks great, but I found a catch which will make all the stuff
 very complicated. It seems that it is impossible to simply test what data
 a site has on a user. Because, in the Export Request, you state that
 "An email will be sent to the user at this email address asking them to
 verify the request."

 But in real life, if a request is made, it is very useful (or even
 essential, I'd suggest) that an admin could to test the data and a simply
 see "what we have here"...

 But since the email is send, there is, I believe, no way to check it
 privately... Please, consider including this tool... If it is already
 there, I apologise for not getting it...

 Best,
 Jan