[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40436: Custom taxonomy terms order lost under wp-admin/post.php edit action for a custom post type

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 11 14:35:26 UTC 2018

#40436: Custom taxonomy terms order lost under wp-admin/post.php edit action for a
custom post type
 Reporter:  solo14000                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by seanleavey):

 Hi @soulseekah, thanks so much for working on this patch! This is a
 feature I'd really love to see in WordPress as I currently have to requery
 the terms using the `get_the_terms` filter to make WordPress respect the
 order in which terms were defined in the post edit screen.

 This [issue recently cropped up again for
 me](https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/6688) in Gutenberg when
 I was trying to display terms in `term_order` in a non-hierarchical
 taxonomy meta box. Overriding `get_the_terms` fixes the order, but, as I
 said, this requires a second query that should ideally not be necessary.

 Any idea on when this could be merged in to core?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40436#comment:4>