[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as shortcodes/widgets/blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 11 12:46:57 UTC 2018

#44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as
shortcodes/widgets/blocks
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by smub):

 @webdevmattcrom I'm not sure if it's wise to dismiss relevancy of a point
 just because it doesn't agree with your opinion.

 The point that myself and @brainstormforce brought up are very valid in
 response to the original ticket. Putting an email in the privacy policy in
 combination with the tools already built for 4.9.6 admin area provide an
 "out of the box" solution for users to ensure compliance.

 I'm all for creating hooks, filters, and APIs that plugin / theme authors
 can use to build front-end things.

 But like many other API/hook/filter that WP have, I believe this too
 should be left in core code, so plugin authors can extend to add UI
 elements like Shortcodes, Widgets, GutenBlocks, etc.

 This IMO will provide a better user experience rather than having
 duplicate UI elements that plugins will add which will inherently function
 better than any "bare-minimum" solution.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013#comment:10>