[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44012: Store the agreed-to-privacy-policy date/timestamp to help prove GDPR compliance

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 8 21:33:04 UTC 2018

#44012: Store the agreed-to-privacy-policy date/timestamp to help prove GDPR
compliance
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnstonphilip   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * keywords:   => gdpr

Comment:

 The way I understood it is that the privacy policy is not a "contract"
 that needs to be accepted / agreed upon. It's merely an information for
 the user what data the site collects etc. So there's no need to store
 anything in that regard.

 But I'll let the people working on that topic handle that :-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44012#comment:1>