[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44010: GDPR: Add general filters for registering various privacy policy information (cookies) from plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 8 19:11:58 UTC 2018

#44010: GDPR: Add general filters for registering various privacy policy
information (cookies) from plugins
 Reporter:  danieliser    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by danieliser):

 I can probably write up a quick patch for this over the next few days, but
 I would first want to get some input from core team to decide how to work
 it in.

 Should each section be output via blocks/shortcodes, or rendered into the
 existing suggested privacy html content.

 Further should this tie into the "privacy policy needs have changed" admin
 notices when say a change is detected in $cookies array as plugins are
 added/removed.

 In general I think this could go a long way to automating a huge portion
 of the requirements for privacy policy generation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44010#comment:2>