[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43922: Data removal/erasure requests don't get marked as "Completed" after erasure happens

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 2 19:33:14 UTC 2018

#43922: Data removal/erasure requests don't get marked as "Completed" after erasure
happens
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  coreymckrill      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by allendav):

 Hey @coreymckrill - good catch - yup - unlike the exporter - which calls
 this from file.php, there is no such call for the erasers.

 I recommend we add a call to it near the end of
 wp_ajax_wp_privacy_erase_personal_data but we'll need to wrap it in a
 condition to make sure we are on the last eraser and that that eraser has
 returned done = true

 Exporters do something like this in
 wp_privacy_process_personal_data_export_page - where you can see that they
 don't call _wp_privacy_completed_request except for the last time through,
 i.e.:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
         // If we are not yet on the last page of the last exporter, return
 now.
         $exporters = apply_filters( 'wp_privacy_personal_data_exporters',
 array() );
         $is_last_exporter = $exporter_index === count( $exporters );
         $exporter_done = $response['done'];
         if ( ! $is_last_exporter || ! $exporter_done ) {
                 return $response;
         }
 }}}

 If you can prep a patch awesome - if you would like me to prep a patch,
 just let me know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43922#comment:3>