[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43900: Add hint about blocked Javascript as possible error reason in script-loader.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 1 17:39:17 UTC 2018

#43900: Add hint about blocked Javascript as possible error reason in script-
loader.php
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  tobifjellner   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by subrataemfluence):

 Thanks so much! I will be into this tomorrow since its almost midnight
 here! :)

 Replying to [comment:4 tobifjellner]:
 > Replying to [comment:3 subrataemfluence]:
 > > I would like to test this at my end. Would you mind telling me how to
 "Leave domain in default with NoScript..."? Although I am on Ubuntu, I
 believe if its a bug in WP core it should popup irrespective of operating
 system!

 > When I check Firefox extension Noscript seems to be available on Linux,
 too. So yes, it would be nice if you could test and confirm this
 situation.

 > If I recall correctly, the default setting in Noscript, when you
 activate the add-on, all domains will be "untrusted", until you mark them
 as trusted.

 > You may test this the other way around: Activate NoScript and configure
 it to trust everyone, but mark the domain of your website as "untrusted".

 > Next: try to delete some unneded plugin. Or try to add some import tool.
 In both these cases I got this error message, which solely talked about
 server and/or connectivity issues, when the real culprit was that I still
 hadn't whitelisted my new domain in NoScript. :)

 > I'll be eagerly waiting for your comments. If you need a hand during
 testing, you may DM me on Slack, too. Same username.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43900#comment:5>