[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43654: Silence "JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version x.y.z"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 28 23:42:03 UTC 2018

#43654: Silence "JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version
x.y.z"
 Reporter:  markjaquith   |       Owner:

Comment (by netweb):

 Via https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/blob/master/warnings.md
 #jqmigrate-migrate-is-installed-with-logging-active-version-x
 > ''JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version X''
 >
 > ''This is not a warning, but a console log message the plugin shows when
 it first loads to indicate whether warnings will be shown on the console
 when appropriate. As of version 1.4.0 this message is also shown with
 production builds.''

 Further background on this decision can be read in
 [https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/issues/149 jquery-migrate #149]
 and [https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/issues/240 jquery-migrate
 #240]

 The only way I see to silence the warning is to ''roll-our-own'', we can
 modify [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.js#L21 src/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-
 migrate.js#L21] (and minimize this version) to replace it with the
 [https://github.com/jquery/jquery-
 migrate/blob/7fcf44ae2083c12e9a7a48d632379bf8e6c50505/src/migrate.js#L7-L15
 previous jquery-migrate code]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43654#comment:2>