[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43556: Ensure only sidebar sections are considered when comparing against registered sidebars in Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 15 01:52:27 UTC 2018

#43556: Ensure only sidebar sections are considered when comparing against
registered sidebars in Customizer
 Reporter:  flixos90      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  4.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  javascript    |
 In the Customizer's `widgets` panel, commonly sections for each registered
 sidebar are added. However, it is possible to also register regular
 sections to it, for example it may be useful to add one general settings
 section related to more general sidebar behavior.

 For the most part this works seamlessly, there is just one detail I
 noticed. Commonly a notice will show in the Customizer if there is at
 least one registered sidebar that cannot be displayed for the currently
 previewed page. However this check counts ''all'' sections in the panel
 and compares them to the number of registered sidebars, where it should
 actually only count the sections that are actually intended to represent
 sidebars.

 In my personal example, I added one additional section of type `default`,
 and there was one section of type `sidebar` which could not be displayed
 for the currently previewed page. However, since my `default` section
 ''was'' active, the count matched the registered sidebar count again,
 causing the notice to falsely not display.