[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their private data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 9 13:24:06 UTC 2018

#43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their
private data
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by tarkan):

 Replying to [comment:5 mikejolley]:
 > @azaozz
 >
 > Anonymize | Data
 > [x]               | Comments
 > [x]               | Posts
 > [  ]                | Order Billing Address | Used for X
 > [x]                | Customer IP Address  | Used for Y
 > [x]                | Customer phone number | Used for Z
 >
 > Then they have a way to choose what is kept and what is not.
 >
 > This was just an idea. It could be handled per plugin but if other
 plugins have the same use case, this could lead to lots of different UIs
 doing the same thing :)

 > Preference?

 I would be happy with a selection basis noted above and a more hands off
 automated email event driven data deletion, but as mentioned over on
 github I very much doubt any business will want to (and to stay legal)
 delete order data - hence I suggest order data should only have one
 checkbox.

 That selection should cover all data obtained for that particular order
 (billing/shipping address/names/ip/products/emails/invoices/receipts/etc).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43437#comment:9>