[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44470: meta property=“og:image” doesn't register if an image is executed via a shortcode in WP Post and Pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 30 00:34:21 UTC 2018

#44470: meta property=“og:image” doesn't register if an image is executed via a
shortcode in WP Post and Pages
 Reporter:  nlstm                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by nlstm):

 We are spending all this time debating about open graph protocols. This is
 100% NOT the point Im trying to make for Wordpress Core!

 The Only Point is, to execute [Shortcodes] in a better way. Tweaks to how
 the post-editors can get the_content, buffer the_content, and display
 the_content using ajax within the post-editor and then echo properly on
 the front end applying the same standard filtering and buffering it does
 the same as if it is manually placed or hard-coded in the post-editor.
 That could solve many many issues for many many plugins that have to hook
 into the wp_head and wp_footer as things are right now without having to
 manually hard code tons of filtering on a theme by theme basis in the
 function files, is my best guess and conjecture right now. Because all
 shortcode plugins, php insert plugins are all having plenty of problems
 doing just that and requires a ton of time to build out filters and
 buffering to make it work. Im mentioning this because Wordpress Core is
 getting real close to being able to do this with their own standard
 shortcodes such as the [gallery] one, they are almost there with it. Im
 just mentioning OG hooks into the head as an example, that I am just
 dismayed about right now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44470#comment:8>