[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44114: GDPR - Provide upload mechanism for admins to supplement the data export generated by WordPress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 12 18:10:37 UTC 2018

#44114: GDPR - Provide upload mechanism for admins to supplement the data export
generated by WordPress
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
Changes (by desrosj):

 * keywords:  gdpr reporter-feedback => gdpr 2nd-opinion close

Comment:

 @garrett-eclipse Thanks for the additional explaination. I don't see how
 this would fit into the current process, or that this is something that
 core should tackle.

 1. Admin initiates an export request at the user's request.
 2. User confirms request.
 3. Export file is created by the admin and a link is emailed to the user.

 There currently is  no pause in that process where an admin could upload
 data.

 I think the best way to tackle this would be to create a plugin that
 registers an exporter that knows how to request the desired data from the
 3rd party service.

 Open to more opinions, but my vote is plugin land.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44114#comment:6>