[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44349: Posts show up multiple times in backend, when imported with Import WordPress tool

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 11 16:23:33 UTC 2018

#44349: Posts show up multiple times in backend, when imported with Import
WordPress tool
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  wzshop             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbiron):

 Thank you for the version # and for attaching a sample export to test
 with.

 I'm not seeing the behavior you report when I import `post export
 demo.xml` into a fresh install (no plugins other than `WordPress Importer
 v 0.6.4` and `twentyseventeen` theme).

 Also, `post export demo.xml` only has 149 posts (confirmed by evaluating
 the xpath expression `//input` on it, as well as the number of posts that
 get imported in my test site) and not the 200 you mention in this ticket's
 description.  Could that be why "Seems like others are left out"?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44349#comment:3>