[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44342: Commenter cookie consent message should not be displayed if the cookie action isn't hooked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 9 23:17:37 UTC 2018

#44342: Commenter cookie consent message should not be displayed if the cookie
action isn't hooked
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments      |    Version:  4.9.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  privacy       |
--------------------------+-------------------------
 If you do not at all wish for commenters to get cookies set in their
 browser when they comment, the functionality can be disabled by unhooking
 the `wp_set_comment_cookies` callback. Example:

 {{{
 remove_action( 'set_comment_cookies', 'wp_set_comment_cookies' );
 }}}

 The `Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I
 comment` message should only be added to the comment form fields when
 `wp_set_comment_cookies()` is hooked into the `set_comment_cookies`
 action, otherwise the message is incorrect.

 The message should be displayed conditionally based on `has_action(
 'set_comment_cookies', 'wp_set_comment_cookies' )`.