[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen when there are many users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 9 15:02:40 UTC 2018

#38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen
when there are many users
 Reporter:  johnbillion              |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  feedback needs-testing             |  multisite, performance

Comment (by flixos90):

 That is an argument I agree with. :)

 Before we deprecate, I'd like to know though how often this function is
 used by plugins. We probably wanna be kind if tons of plugins use it.
 And one aside, if we deprecate `get_user_count()`, we should as well
 consider deprecating `get_blog_count()` as this should then rather be
 named `get_network_site_count()` (contrary to `get_user_count()`, the
 current `get_blog_count()` actually works per network). This would not be
 part of this ticket, but something to be aware of and think about.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38741#comment:41>