[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44310: Apostrophe and/or Hyphen in Titles Rendered as ’ and When Added as Link in Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 5 19:08:28 UTC 2018

#44310: Apostrophe and/or Hyphen in Titles Rendered as ’ and When Added as
Link in Editor
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  midihead      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.9.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-screenshots needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 I searched but did not see this issue reported previously.

 When an apostrophe and/or a hyphen is present in a blog post title or page
 title and those posts are added as links using the Insert Link option in
 the WordPress Editor, the apostrophe and hyphen are rendered as the
 following:

 - An apostrophe in a title is rendered as ’ in the Link Text (see
 attached images)
 - A hyphen (which is surrounded by spaces) in a title is rendered as
 – in the Link text (see attached images)

 I have tested on a vanilla WordPress 4.9.6 install with no other plugins
 active both on live installs on two different servers and a local
 development server and can reproduce this consistently.