[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44532: Extreme memory leak related to wp_is_stream in wp-includes/functions.php in WordPress 4.9.7

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 11 19:11:12 UTC 2018

#44532: Extreme memory leak related to wp_is_stream in wp-includes/functions.php in
WordPress 4.9.7
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  timbowesohft  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by ddenev):

 Replying to [comment:18 JPry]:
 > > 1. Apply the workaround in the link I provided above
 > Hard-coding the stream wrappers is not the best solution. You could be
 breaking functionality that a plugin is relying on.
 Agree, not the best solution when everything works fine. But what was the
 best solution (before you provided the patch) when we need our sites up
 and running? Reverting to 4.9.6 did not solve the problem either - less
 crashes but still crashes.

 > > 2. Stop automatic updates by adding define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE',
 false ); to wp-config.php
 > You should only do this if you remember to remove it later.
 Yes, that is the case, thank you :).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44532#comment:19>