[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44517: Allow specifying the WordPress username to be filled in on the login form via a URL parameter.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 5 03:36:04 UTC 2018

#44517: Allow specifying the WordPress username to be filled in on the login form
via a URL parameter.
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  datatim                 |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |     Status:  new
Component:  Login and Registration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal                  |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                          |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi All,

 I have a usecase for WordPress that requires me to allow specifying the
 username that will be logged into for WordPress via a URL parameter.

 Essentially, a WordPress plugin allows creating a new username, only if a
 valid email has been sent. As part of the authentication flow, I want to
 be able to specify what the username was on the URL so that the user can
 just click the link that is sent to them via email, requiring only that
 their password be entered.

 I have provided a patch. Please let me know if there are any changes that
 should be made.

 Thanks!