[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38009: #reply-title.comment-reply-title not updating when replying to an individual

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 3 16:29:13 UTC 2018

#38009: #reply-title.comment-reply-title not updating when replying to an
individual
 Reporter:  iguel         |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by stopdesign):

 Hi @obenland - Thanks for the  reply.

 I understand the context and how the comment form moves or not in case the
 script doesn't exist. What I am pointing out (and I think, @iguel too) is
 that according to the codex for 'comment_form()' the `title_reply_to` arg
 exists for the purpose of contextually changing the title to **Leave a
 Reply to %s**.

 Even if `title_reply_to` is currently ignored when the script is present,
 we’re pointing out that `title_reply_to` //should// be respected in
 addition to moving the form, //especially// when the arg is explicitly
 included in `comment_form()` args. If the title is important enough to
 modify when the form can’t move because of a missing script, it's
 important enough to modify when the form moves too. The context of where
 the form appears can still be complemented by a title that responds to the
 shifted context.

 The additional context a modified title helps provide is useful to the
 user whether the comment form moves or not. It looks broken to me that the
 title does not update when the context of the reply and form switches,
 when I know an arg exists for declaring a modified title for replying to
 another comment.

 Thanks for considering.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38009#comment:3>