[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site Setting"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 14:08:34 UTC 2018

#38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site
Setting"
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by transl8or):

 Thanks for pointing that out @swissspidy

 (Can someone provide a Nassi-Shneidermann-Diagram of that now :) Sorry,
 just kidding)

 I more and more tend to rename that string "Site Language", as you first
 suggested.

 Also, I think we for sure need an indicator in the Use Profile Dropdown,
 like @melchoyce suggested probably best with the : seperator, because it's
 not really clear what language is set as the Site Languae if you look at
 that Dropdown.
 As soon as you enter the Menu the blue marked line immediatly moves and
 you can't expect from people that they realize that the language that is
 marked the very first moment you open the dropdown, is the set Site
 Language.

 I add a screenshot where I have set the Site Language to formal german
 (Deutsch (Sie)) and the User Language is set to turkish, but shut then be
 set to chinese for example.

 It better is something like

 '''Dil'''
 - Site varsayilani: Türkce
 - English (United States)
 - Deutsch
 - Deutsch (Sie)
 - Türkce
 - ....

 Of course if 'Site varsyilani' is the turkish word for 'Site Default' it
 should be the turkish word for 'Site Language' then. Does that make sense?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38869#comment:12>