[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43162: Deleting a site from a multisite network leaves orphaned database tables and files

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 26 18:51:20 UTC 2018

#43162: Deleting a site from a multisite network leaves orphaned database tables
and files
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bluep92877          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by mdifelice):

 Hello. I do think that when you uninstall a plugin it will only delete the
 tables that it created for that specific site. Of course it depends on the
 plugin, and whether the plugin was network activated or only activated on
 the specific site.

 Either way, I think that it would be a good addition what you propose.
 About the tables, it would be nice if WP listed all those orphan tables
 before deleting the site and ask the user what to do with them: delete or
 keep them.

 About the media files, I think that each site has a particular folder
 assigned to them, and simply deleting it it would remove all the
 associated media.

 Another doubt that I have is whether WP really deletes a site or it keeps
 like in a hidden status. Because if that is the case the idea is that the
 site could be recover at any time and in those cases files and extra
 tables should be kept.

 Regards.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43162#comment:1>