[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42693: WordPress 4.9 sends an "admin email address was changed" message to you at example.com on new install

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 16 03:19:18 UTC 2018

#42693: WordPress 4.9 sends an "admin email address was changed" message to
you at example.com on new install
--------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  tigertech                             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by seanchayes):

 The patch needed minor refresh and I also chose the @example.com from
 #comment:12 (but it can easily be changed).

 I spent time testing the regular install of WordPress with this patch.
 During a fresh install of WordPress and upon completing the install with
 this patch enabled the actual send was skipped as intended.

 For Multi-site, however, my attempts were not succesfull :-( so I could
 not test completely.

 I did, however, notice a similar function
 ```update_option_new_admin_email```
 in
 ```wp-admin/includes/misc.php```

 that also triggers an email send and I updated that function with the same
 check for @example.com used in the other portions of the patch.

 The patch is 42693v6.diff

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42693#comment:13>