[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42578: PHP functions inside <p> tags creates new <p> tag, breaking the parent tag into two.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 9 08:39:16 UTC 2018

#42578: PHP functions inside <p> tags creates new <p> tag, breaking the parent tag
into two.
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  karthikeyankc                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyescott):

 @Ov3rfly: All the core theme installs can be fixed by changing 1 line on
 four themes. I'll volunteer to do if core team commits to not reverting.
 It will be easy.

 > Revert it, do not add it back.

 So never give publishers rich text options for their bios? That doesn't
 fit our mission of democratizing publishing. Even if this is reverted, a
 future with rich text/wysiwyg for all user input fields should be in our
 heads. Hence why this will be changed one day.

 > do not add it back.

 Why hold WordPress back forever because of a short-term frustration? Fix
 the affected themes and move on. Its a worthwhile change for our end-user
 publishers!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42578#comment:29>