[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43042: Ability to add Page Anchor along with changing Navigation Label in menu system (Live Preview mode)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 8 16:09:38 UTC 2018

#43042: Ability to add Page Anchor along with changing Navigation Label in menu
system (Live Preview mode)
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  subrataemfluence  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus             |    Version:  4.9.1
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                    |
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Presently we can add a single page in the menu system and update
 navigation labels of each item. All of them actually point to the same
 page / URL.

 However, it would be very useful if there is an option to add an anchor
 with the actual page URL along with the ability to change the navigation
 label. This would allow visitors to jump to a particular section of the
 same page but from different navigation labels.

 For example, I have a page called "About Us". In this page I have two
 sections:
 "Our Company" and "Customer Service". In present situation I can easily
 add this page twice in the menu and use different labels for each, like
 '''Our Company''' and '''Customer Service'''. The new feature I am
 requesting will provide us the ability to add an anchor like `#company`
 and `#customer-service` with different navigation lables, which actually
 would get appended to the actual page URL `http://mysite.com/about-us`.

 So that '''"Our Company"''' navigation label actually points to and
 navigates user to `http://mysite.com/about-us#company` whereas
 '''"Customer Service"''' link takes users to `http://mysite.com/about-us
 #customer-service` directly.

 I think this would allow us to take more advantage of it.