[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43022: PHPCS config refers to non-existent WordPress.Commenting.DocblockFormat rule

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 4 23:52:12 UTC 2018

#43022: PHPCS config refers to non-existent WordPress.Commenting.DocblockFormat
rule
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  bpayton       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by netweb):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  trunk =>
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Thanks for the ticket and checking out our shiny new PHPCS bits and pieces
 @bpayton, you are indeed correct. We're working off of that branch you
 mention.

 For now, you can either use that branch of WPCS, something like this in
 your `composer.json` file:
 {{{
 #!json
 {
     "require": {
         "squizlabs/php_codesniffer": "dev-master",
         "wp-coding-standards/wpcs": "dev-feature/new-multi-line-comment-
 formatting-sniffs",
         "dealerdirect/phpcodesniffer-composer-installer": "*"
     }
 }
 }}}

 Or you can comment out the `WordPress.Commenting.DocblockFormat` sniff in
 `phpcs.xml.diff`

 The upstream issue [https://github.com/WordPress-Coding-Standards
 /WordPress-Coding-Standards/issues/1120 WPCS #1120] is what needs
 finalising before that branch can be merged into `master` and a v1 release
 of WPCS is released.

 I'm going to close this ticket as `wontfix` is it's really an upstream
 issue, feel free to subscribe to that GitHub issue to keep up with updates

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43022#comment:1>