[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43388: Long string without spaces in wptexturize() breaks layout in translation platform

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 22 16:19:15 UTC 2018

#43388: Long string without spaces in wptexturize() breaks layout in translation
platform
 Reporter:  tobifjellner  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Text Changes  |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Whenever I open https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev for
 translation, I get broken layout in the main core translation project.
 (Yes, I've selected to show the whole translation project on one page, and
 this particular project always has a broken (non-responsive) layout.

 The reason is a long string without any spaces in function wptexturize().
 Namely:
 {{{’tain’t,’twere,’twas,’tis,’twill,’til,’bout,’nuff,’round,’cause,’em}}}

 String is used to populate cockneyreplace matrix.

 Would it be possible to have that list separated by spaces, or comma and
 space, or use comma+space and then throw away the spaces before exploding
 into an array?

 Location: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 includes/formatting.php?marks=141#L141