[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43355: Improve inline docs for wp_dropdown_pages() - mention support for get_pages() arguments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 19 12:21:15 UTC 2018

#43355: Improve inline docs for wp_dropdown_pages() -  mention support for
get_pages() arguments
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  birgire            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Posts, Post Types  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  docs               |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 It's not clear from the documentation that {{{wp_dropdown_pages()}}} also
 supports {{{get_pages()}}} input arguments.

 Here are two ways to fix that:

 1) For comparison we have the following docblock line in
 {{{wp_list_pages()}}}
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.9/src/wp-includes/post-
 template.php#L1143 src]:

 {{{
 @see get_pages()

 }}}

 2) We also have this docblock line in {{{wp_page_menu()}}}
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.9/src/wp-includes/post-
 template.php#L1276 src]:

 {{{
 *     Optional. Arguments to generate a page menu. See wp_list_pages() for
 additional arguments.

 }}}

 where we look at the {{{wp_list_pages()}}} reference for comparison.