[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43306: Creating site using wpmu_create_blog() without / prefixed with $path causes get_id_from_blogname() to fail.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 13 19:55:05 UTC 2018

#43306: Creating site using wpmu_create_blog() without / prefixed with $path causes
get_id_from_blogname() to fail.
 Reporter:  aubreypwd     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite     |
 The below code will result in `NULL`:

                 $id = wpmu_create_blog( 'example.org', 'example',
 'neutralized', 1 );
                 $result = get_id_from_blogname( 'example' );

 But the below code will result in an `int`.

                 $id = wpmu_create_blog( 'example.org', '/example',
 'neutralized', 1 );
                 $result = get_id_from_blogname( 'example' );

 The difference is in the 2nd snippet I prefix `$path` with a `/`. Without
 that being apparent in docs we should strip the need for the `/` or update
 docs.

 I found this while writing a unit test, and you can see it changing below:

 [[Image(http://aubrey.pw/d/2018/BoaRz4J88N.gif)]]