[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43284: Drop-in: Disabling "wp_install_defaults" affect permalinks & "/login" redirect

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 11 05:14:00 UTC 2018

#43284: Drop-in: Disabling "wp_install_defaults" affect permalinks & "/login"
redirect
 Reporter:  rajitrazaki   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I want to prevent default "Uncategorized" category, first post (Hello
 world!), first page, and default widgets.

 I need to disable `wp_install_defaults`. So, I created Drop-in `/wp-
 content/install.php` which contains:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
         function wp_install_defaults() {
         }
 ?>
 }}}

 Strangely it also disable default permalinks setting (it not select "Day
 and name" but "Plain" instead), even though permalinks is on different
 function `wp_install_maybe_enable_pretty_permalinks`.

 It also not redirect `/login/` to `/wp-login.php`.