[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39623: Twenty Seventeen: Consider removing custom header from internal pages if selected video header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 9 09:36:10 UTC 2018

#39623: Twenty Seventeen: Consider removing custom header from internal pages if
selected video header
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  karmatosed     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by xkon):

 This made sense to me as well after building a couple of websites with
 2017 that might have the need to use the video everywhere.

 39623.diff adds an extra option under the `Theme Options` in Customizer to
 apply the video in all pages instead of only the front page. Some users
 might still want the video on the front page only that's why I made it as
 an extra option instead of forcing it.

 It is working ( the video is applied everywhere ) but the CSS is missing
 as that part got me a bit confused, if someone wants to tackle the CSS
 changes required for this it would be awesome.

 Also a question came up when I was doing this: on the internal pages there
 is an extra 'header' with the featured image. Should that stay as is? Or
 if the video is to be played everywhere we should also cancel the featured
 image header ? I'm asking because if you see a full screen video + the
 header featured image the scroll down to content would be long I imagine.

 (Note: For my websites purposes I have added extra css with a not-so-
 proper-way to bypass the default styling and have the video applied
 properly + hidden the featured image completely if the video is applied. )

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39623#comment:1>