[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43260: Revision list WordPress 4.9.3 and (possibly) missing wp-includes/js/tinymce/tinymce.js in 4.9.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 8 15:42:17 UTC 2018

#43260: Revision list WordPress 4.9.3 and (possibly) missing wp-
includes/js/tinymce/tinymce.js in 4.9.4
 Reporter:  damsko        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Not sure where to address this so i try here. If wrong place then remove.

 Just been updating from WordPress 4.9.2 to 4.9.4. I used the files revised
 lists from 4.9.3 and 4.9.4 (i combined those lists because 4.9.3 was
 pulled fast and replaced with 4.9.4) to see and compare what files where
 updated, i noticed two things:

 wp-includes/js/tinymce/tinymce.js is listed as updated on the 4.9.3
 revised files list but it is not included in 4.9.4, there only is a
 tinymce.js.gz in wp-includes/js/tinymce/ I'm not sure if WordPress will
 automatically find tinymce.js.gz while looking for tinymce.js so i
 extracted tinymce.js.gz and uploaded tinymce.js instead.

 Second thing i spotted is that the 4.9.3 revised files list has:

 wp-includes/js/media/views/cropper.js
 wp-includes/js/media/views/modal.js

 But there is no wp-includes/js/media/views/ folder in 4.9.4 and both files
 are also not part of 4.9.4. There only is another cropper.js that belongs
 to something else as far as i can tell.

 Greetings, Reiner.