[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43253: Insert Link Dialog captures shift+arrow and changes selected item rather than highlighting text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 7 23:50:37 UTC 2018

#43253: Insert Link Dialog captures shift+arrow and changes selected item rather
than highlighting text
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE            |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility  |
 Hello,

 Often when I want to edit a text field I click in the middle and hold
 shift+up/down to highlight all text before/after where my cursor is.
 When you're in the Insert Link popup modal and try to do this in the Link
 Text then your selected page from the search list changes. This initially
 threw me and I ended up changes links by accident.

 Can the up/down only change the selected page if you're not focused on
 another input or maybe have it do nothing when shift is held down.

 Thanks