[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43198: Error saving widgets with html code - ModSecurity active - in some host services

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 1 14:10:21 UTC 2018

#43198: Error saving widgets with html code - ModSecurity active - in some host
services
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  attosoftonline  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Widgets         |    Version:  4.9.2
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello.

 Problem: When I go into the administration panel at Apearance - Widgets,
 and want to add a text box to a sidebar, the box saves just plain text,
 not accepting it with html content. When the save button is pressed,
 nothing happens, the process having no end.

 Answer from my host service:

 "I'm asking you to modify your site with the ModSecurity module
 deactivated.
 You can disable this module from the cPanel interface, the section called
 "ModSecurity"

 Recently, WordPress changed their platform without considering that the
 new site editing methods are not safe and easy to explode, resulting in
 many situations where it violates multiple ModSecurity rules."

 Maybe a similar problem is related here:

 https://hameedullah.com/whitelisting-wordpress-admin-wp-admin-in-
 mod_security-to-avoid-404-on-post-save-or-post-preview.html