[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45598: Prevent unnecessary whitespace around thumbnails when processing cropped PDFs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 16 01:49:48 UTC 2018

#45598: Prevent unnecessary whitespace around thumbnails when processing cropped
PDFs
---------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  michel.weimerskirch  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement          |      Status:  new
Description changed by SergeyBiryukov:

Old description:

> When generating thumbnails from cropped PDF pages, Imagemagick uses the
> uncropped area - resulting in unnecessary (and ugly) whitespace - unless
> the option "use-cropbox" is set.
>
> I attached a patch that solves the issue by setting a parameter in
> ImageMagick. Not that this doesn't in any way affect uncropped PDFs.
>
> I also attached a demo.pdf for you to reproduce the issue as well as two
> thumbnails generated before and after the patch.

New description:

 When generating thumbnails from cropped PDF pages, Imagemagick uses the
 uncropped area - resulting in unnecessary (and ugly) whitespace - unless
 the option "use-cropbox" is set.

 I attached a patch that solves the issue by setting a parameter in
 ImageMagick. Note that this doesn't in any way affect uncropped PDFs.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45598#comment:2>