[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44782: 4.9.8 has broken user roles - Shop_Manager not able to add new items to woocommerce

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 13 14:47:39 UTC 2018

#44782: 4.9.8 has broken user roles - Shop_Manager not able to add new items to
woocommerce
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pedramm       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Users         |    Version:  4.9.8
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  needs-testing needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Sorry if I'm missing details or have raised this  incorrectly, its my
 first time here. Happy to help where I can/ respond to questions.

 I have found that users in the "Shop_Manager" role are no longer able to
 publish new woo-commerce items. Clicking on "Products - > Add new" takes
 them to a blank page or returns a memory error (Admin users still able to
 publish).

 This has been tested on:
 - Different machine
 - Different OS (Mac OS and Windows)
 - Different Users
 - Users with different User roles

 Issue seems to resolve if following capability is added to the
 shop_manager role:
  - manage_options (but this gives the users too much access and visibility
 to other sections of the admin tools)