[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44726: Try Gutenberg Callout should have modified content or removed when Gutenberg plugin is already installed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Aug 4 04:46:13 UTC 2018

#44726: Try Gutenberg Callout should have modified content or removed when
Gutenberg plugin is already installed
 Reporter:  mehul0810     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.9.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I've Gutenberg  v3.4.0 already installed on my site and updating to
 WordPress 4.9.8 displays me the Gutenberg Callout in dashboard with the
 same content which is misleading. Specially the section `Try Gutenberg`
 and `Install Classic Editor` are misleading as I'm already trying
 Gutenberg and it still asks me to try Gutenberg.

 == **Proposed Solution**
 1. May be we can completely remove the Try Gutenberg Callout when
 Gutenberg plugin is installed.
 2. May be we can replace the content of Try Gutenberg Callout and add some
 text saying Thanks for trying Gutenberg. Also, adding content and links to
 make sure that the user reports if any bugs or idea for feature request
 strikes their mind.