[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 25 02:24:25 UTC 2018

#43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or
email address
 Reporter:  allendav                             |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by ericdaams):

 Replying to [comment:42 allendav]:
 > @ericdaams - instead of having `$num_items_removed` in `src/wp-
 includes/comment.php` at all, I'd prefer if we just had a flag that was
 set to true on `if ( $updated )` - what do you think?

 That's what I was going to do originally, but that marginally complicates
 how we track whether any items were retained. But fine to do it this way,
 as that is more helpful to plugin developers looking to this function as
 an example of how to create their own eraser. Patch coming.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43602#comment:43>