[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for super admins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 24 17:09:19 UTC 2018

#43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for
super admins
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  TZ Media     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by mnelson4):

 In Slack I suggested we should maybe use multiple AJAX requests to create
 the export file or anonymize the user data, a bit like
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43438.
 If we do this, we should probably gather export data from more than one
 site per ajax request, otherwise it will be unbearably slow for large
 networks.

 @flixos90 suggested we may want to also have a WP-CLI command to do this.

 But all three UIs (WP-CLI, ajax requests from an admin page, or background
 CRON) will need to iterate over all sites, do the single-site logic (ie,
 add export data or anonymize data) and, in the case of data export,
 somehow make the file available to the admin

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43738#comment:13>