[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 24 12:21:31 UTC 2018

#43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or
email address
 Reporter:  allendav                             |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by birgire):

 @ericdaams

 I wonder if we should use {{{erased}}} instead of {{{removed}}} in
 general?

 Example:

 {{{
 'items_removed'     -> 'items_erased'
 'num_items_removed' -> 'num_items_erased'

 }}}

 because e.g. the summary of the {{{wp_comments_personal_data_eraser()}}}
 function is:

 {{{
  * Erases personal data associated with an email address from the comments
 table.

 }}}

 ps: I noticed you changed from {{{++}}} to {{{+= 1}}}. If I remember
 correctly I used {{{++}}} here because the general (not core) WordPress
 Code Standard seemed to prefer the {{{++}}} case:

 > Increment operators should be used where possible; found
 "$num_items_removed += 1;" but expected "$num_items_removed++"

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43602#comment:40>